Pages

Thursday

Book order

My eternal gratitude to those 3 (three?!) faithful friends who actually took the time to vote. I'm giving you a list of the books that the first sentences were from - you are now obligated to read the books you voted for. Notice that there is no 11th book. Ah. The sad truth is that my short story didn't pass the first sentence test. (Inna, I had hoped for better things...) Sigh.

1. The Fellowship of the Ring J. R. R. Tolkien

2. The Great Good Thing by Roderick Townley.

3. A Single Shard by Linda Sue park

4. Bat 6 by Virginia Euwer Wolff

5. Eats, Shoots and Leaves by Lynne Truss.

6. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart

7. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens

8. Crazy Love by Francis Chan with Danae Yankoski

9. The Search for Delicious by Natalie Babbitt.

10. Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery

1 comment:

  1. Ah, sorry 'bout your story. :( There's nothin' wrong with the first sentence, however, I thought it was from a book and therefore I knew it would be a whole book about hunting. And I don't really enjoy hunting, personally, so there you go. ;)
    I think I've actually read your story, and liked it! Was that the one with the "sardines" and the orange stocking cap? Love that! :)

    I just ordered Bat 6 from the library! Never read that one, I think I've read most of the others.
    And I forgot that #3 came from A Single Shard. I think "Tree-Ear" reminded me of "Tree-Beard" and therefore I thought it was some elvish sort of book.
    Um, no, actually. :)

    ReplyDelete