Pages

Monday

Ramnosities, just for you.

Hello once again friends. It's high time I give ya'll an update on me. Besides the whole "I'm Crazy, I'm Storyfingers." thing, which I must say was brilliant, I'm pretty sure some of you want to know more about me. Weeeell, I'll start slow and just give you a few facts (and opinions) about my recent history. (Being the weird way of saying "the past few weeks.")

1. Just so you know, college life is harder than I thought. I mean, come on, I actually have to think!

2. I'm definitely not a geography expert. I discovered this when I had to take some diagnosive map quizzes, about the cities, countries, and regional geography of Europe. Ew! I think I got about one mountain range in the regional physical geography one. The other twenty-eight or so labels were hit and miss. The cities I was a little better at. Paris only took a few guesses, and Berlin. London I got on the first try! Oh, and Kiev, Ukraine. But I think that's it. Again, there was a list about thirty long. And the countries one...well, you'll laugh at this, but I couldn't for the life of me find Liechtenstein. Anybody know where that is? I guessed every country I could see, to no avail. Hmmm. Remind me to google that, somebody.

3. My thoughts about going to the State Fair. (In music!) *Gasp* Me? Really? Wow! I'm...I'm...speechless with delight! I get to perform my piano contest piece at the State Fair! *Groan* How much stuff do we have to pack anyway? I'm halfway down the list, and our car's trunk is full! *Worried sigh* Mom? I don't have any cute not-quite-so-formal dresses to wear! What should I do? (The answer happened to be "Go shopping" and I did.) *Delighted sigh* Oooooh, what a cute dress that is, and on clearance too! I just adore that pattern! *Weary sigh* (After loading the car) I need a bath. *Thoughtful smile* I'm sure I'll have more sighs to add when we come home, but you'll have to wait!

4. There are a lot of homeschooled juniors doing PSEO through Northwestern College. (Yes, that's a clue about me.) I'm meeting quite a few neat people through the forums online in my classes. What fun!

5. I spent a two dollar bill today. What fun! I handed it to the lady (I was at Hugo's, buying candy...I needed it.) Anywho, I handed the cashier my money, and she started to put it away. Then she said "Oh, it's a two! Haven't seen one of those in a while!" She held it over the cash registry and wondered for a moment where to put it. Then she (rather distractedly, I thought) gave me my change and turned to the next costumer. It's so fun to take people by surprise like that.

6. I'm knitting fingerless mittens! They're going to be so cute when I finish (if I ever do happen to get around to that!) Here's a link for a post about fingerless mittens (on Friend Blogger's Blog) so that you can see pictures. Mine a actually green, kind of a muted, light, mossy green. They're comin' along pretty good though, I don't' think they'll take quite six mos! (View link...)

7. It's past my bed time (which usually makes no difference whatsoever...) so I have to go. Toodles, all!

5 comments:

  1. Hehe! I think your clock thingy is messed up. It says it was posted at 7:07, and you said it was past your bed time! :-D
    Oh, btw, the link to my blog isn't working for some reason. Might wanna check that out. :)
    I'm glad you're having fun spending twos!!
    And the STATE fair!? Impressive. :)
    Oh, and I hope your head doesn't explode from all the geography. I have no idea where Liechtenstein is. Google it. (Just reminding you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I got the link to work, thanks for telling me! And I googled Liechtenstein, it's landlocked between Switzerland and Austria. I'm pretty sure. It's big enought that it looks like about five people could live there comfortably. The President/King, his wife, their unruly child, one court member, and, of course, a citizen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and have fun at the state fair!

    Also, about the two-dollar bill thing: I remember at Bible camp someone traded a five-dollar bill for one (like it's more valuable)!! Easy money, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, you should change the clock on this blog +2 hours. It's deceiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooh! That's good Storyfingers! I like that five people thingy. :)

    ReplyDelete