Pages

Tuesday

In Flander's Fields

This struck me as remarkable, and sad. Read it seriously. Check out this link for more information.

In Flander's Fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amist the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved, and now we lie
In Flander's fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch, be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flander's fields.

8 comments:

  1. Wow.
    What else is there to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. It silenced me. I wanted to post it on Memorial day, but somehow, I couldn't wait any longer. Did you check out the link?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I did. It's a silencing story, I guess you could say.

    Oh, and did you realize that by commenting, you're bragging about being an awesmazing person?
    And oh, darn. So'm I. :)
    Btw, I like that list on the side. How'd you get it up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is.

    I don't mind bragging, now and again. It gives me good self esteem, ya know.

    Oh, that list? It's magic. I don't think you could do it.

    XD

    Email me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, paphooey! I could so do it.
    Emailing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? Doubtful. We'll have to see. It's a complex process. I don't know...We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. not to brag but....

    I need a little help, I don't really understand the story. Sorry stroy fingers...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The poem above?

    It's about a man who was a doctor in WWI. He wrote this poem about those who had died. Crosses mark the graves of the dead, while the larks sing on, but nobody hears them through the guns and battle sounds below. Etc. etc.

    Read the link if you need more info.

    ReplyDelete