Pages

Tuesday

Introducing Mariah

I went on a trip once. I went with four others to a small town called Ponemah. I still remember the swirling mosaic of emotions that surrounded that trip. Fear. I was afraid of what I would find. Going into this, I had no idea of what the children we were working with would be like. There was no way of knowing who was helping us with the VBS or what they would be like. We had no clue how God was going to work in us and through us, and that thought was intimidating. Security. I was aware that I was going with an Almighty, all-loving Father at my side. Also, I went with the knowledge that our church was supporting our team in prayer every day that we were gone. I knew that I was a part of the body of Christ, and they weren't about to let me fall. 
Anticipation. I was eager to see what my amazing Father was going to do and how.

Now I'm home. Now it is my turn to watch as a special friend reaches out and experiences life "as a fingertip". She'll be living by the financial support of the church, and living by our prayer support. And I know that she is experiencing all of these emotions and more as she prepares to go.That is why my next blog post will be a guest post by Mariah. I've asked her to share the story of her heart with you as she prepares to go to Australia.

There is a special bond that grows when friends share faith in common. There is little more beautiful than to sit and listen to somebody close to you revealing how our Savior has been working in their heart and life. There is little more beautiful than when a friend becomes transparent and allows the precious light of Jesus to shine through each angle of their lives.

Mariah, you have given me a gift and I am grateful that I can support you by giving you a post on my blog.


1 comment:

  1. This is lovely. Friends are so special. <3

    ReplyDelete