Pages

Tuesday

Alternate storytelling--The Sea Awaits Me

Mett Art-maniac, my younger sister... "Needless to say, I prefer a thousand words. Nonetheless, I do enjoy a good story, and writing is a fun activity, especially with my sister. We also enjoy singing together, riding horse, and goofing off, but enough on that. Catch y'all later!"

So my sister and I decided to write an alternate story. She wrote a paragraph, then I wrote a paragraph, and so on and so forth. We titled our story, "The Sea Awaits Me." We've labeled who wrote which paragraph. This is a great party activity, though you might have to use sentences instead of paragraphs. Try it!

Storyfingers:
"The sea called. I could hear it in my heart when I was away, and I could hear its voice ans I ran down the beach towards my cove."

Art-maniac:
"I breathed in the lovely smell of salt water. The very ocean lay at my feet. Deep oranges and pinks embellished the sunset. "Oh...it's all so beautiful!" I thought, as I tore off my socks and shoes. "And so cold!"

Storyfingers:
"I rolled up my pants and winced as I waded over the sharp rocks. Silvery minnows nibbled at my legs, and I giggled. I sat down on a long rock and watched a starfish trapped in a tide pool. Slimy green algae swished around him. A grin spread over my face."

Art-maniac:
"As I sat there, I lost all track of time; everything around me lay so peacefully. The sun soon surrendered hits fight for the sky and the moon and the stars began to appear."

Storyfingers:
"A shiver brought me out of my reverie and I realized how late it was. Still, I was reluctant to leave the shore. This hidden seaside cove was my sanctuary, my refuge. Somehow, the sea always had a calming effect on me. So I sat and shivered on, alone in the silence of the gently lapping waters."

Art-maniac:
"Finally I reluctantly got up and grabbed my bible off the sand. I started toward the path. Finding the stone steps, I ran up them quickly. Long trailing vines covered the cliff into which the stairs had been carved. I had always loved the way the vines looked in the starlight."

Storyfingers:
"At the top I paused and looked down on my beautiful secret. I would return. I could never remain long, but always I would return to my place of solitude, where the sea awaited me."



8 comments:

  1. Cool! I always love doing that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "This post has been removed?"...What!
    Jk. I'm sure it was a blunder or something.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me? Blunder?! *Never!!*
    JK. :) This silly computer wasn't working right and the same comment showed up twice. :-T
    Btw, you as the owner of the blog can sign in, hit the garbage can and "Delete comment forever", as in it won't show up like that anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. My word verification on my last comment was "Tosida" Doesn't that sound like a great name for a made up land?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.P.S My word verification for that one was "Apoldish" I say that's a pretty cool sounding word. :) I think we need to make up a meaning for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with both of those comments! Wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what's blunder? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Liz!!! Welcome. Blunder was that I was wondering why "Threeandahalf bloggers" deleted a comment. That's all. Thanks for checking it out!

    ReplyDelete