Pages

Thursday

Sentences that make me smile... :-D

'Pollogies, that was a grin folks. I don't tend to make much distinction...
And just for your enjoyment, I thought I'd post some sentences that make me smile. If you are desperate to know where I pinched this idea, check out Friend Blogger's zany postings. On her own blog, that is.

1. "Soon I was pulling one of those floppy orange stocking caps over my head, you know the kind you can pull down to your chin, fold up seven inches, and still have a little dome on the top of your head."
Storyfingers, Tradition
2. "When Mr. Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first (111) birthday with a party of special magnificence, there was much talk and excitement in Hobbiton."
J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring
3. "Thirty days, and a fine of $1000.00"
Storyfingers, On the spot...
4. "Helium Balloons bobbed about, pretending to be party guests."
Eric Berlin, The Puzzling World of Winston Breen
5. "Then the sun slid gently behind a hill, leaving a glow that gently hugged the tree tops."
Larissa Johnson, Poem
6. Winter is lights on everyone's house, and a blanked of frost covering everything in the mornings. In Minnesota, winter is sledding with friends, and enjoying hot chocolate afterwards."
Larissa Johnson, Poem
7. "Or ELSE..."
8."She was very little, indeed, and very pudgy, too, which made her almost exactly the size and shape of a fire hydrant, (a resemblance strengthened by her red raincoat and rosy cheeks.)"
Trenton Lee Stewart, The Mysterious Benedict Society
9. "He raised one eyebrow at that, and smiled in a singularly condesending and irritating manner, and opened his mouth to speak in that pricise drawl which is the trademark of the overly educated upper-class English gentleman."
Lori R. King, The Beekeeper's Aprentice
10. "In order to get a better sense of exactly how the Baudilauire orphans felt as they began the grueling journey up the stairs to Mr. and Mrs. Squalor's penthouse appartment, you might find it useful to close your eyes while reading this chapter, because the light fromt the candles on the ground was so dim that it felt like their eyes were closed even when they were looking as hard as they could."
Lemmony Snicket, The Ersatz Elevator
11. "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" (We laughed, this gives us permission to do almost anything...)
W. F. (Mother of Occasional Commenter)
12. And last but certainly not least (this one makes me grin, no two ways about it...) "Wow, great post Storyfingers, I love it!!! :)"

9 comments:

  1. Wow, great post Storyfingers, I love it!!! :)

    ...
    You asked for it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I did, thank you Friend Blogger. But do you really think so? Or are you just saying it...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Sighs in relief* glad to know somebody thinks that...not sure what happened to the rest of my follorwers...

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were eaten by aliens. I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was beginning to suspect that myself. Glad to be confirmed. I mean, terrible that it happened, but I'm glad I can trust my "gut feelings".

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK Storyfingers, just call me your "occasional commenter!"
    Here's another one; it's from someone you might know:

    "Don't do anything I wouldn't do!"
    -W. F.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *Gasp!* There's actually another human being who knows about this blog!?! Wow.
    Actually, wait! No! It's another alien posing as your friend!! RUN!!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha! Thanks Occasional Commenter, I'd have posted that if I'd have thought of it. Wait a second...I did! And if I mention your mom again, I just might call her "C.M." for Crazy Mom.

    ReplyDelete