Pages

Tuesday

Today I did.

Today I opened the window. The air was so fresh! When the cool breeze washed in and over my bare toes, it felt like summer. Somehow when I'm in my bedroom with the window open the outside always seems so much more mystical and desirable than when I'm anywhere else in the house.

Saturday: Today I wrote a letter to a friend who'd expressed that she was struggling with a lot of stress. I shared some verses and expressed my prayer that they be a blessing to her.

Thursday: Today I named a squirrel. I had named him the other day: Cocky. Somehow that didn't seem right. At first, the word that stuck in my brain was "Shuttlecock" but...honestly? A squirrel named Shuttlecock? I decided to think about it for a while. Then as I mulled it over I mispronounced it "Coddleshuck." What more considering did I have to do?

Friday: I should inform you that some other things that I see often but have no relation to myself have also been named, unbeknown to themselves or their owners. Example: The German Shepherd that lives at the house on the corner--exactly which corner being irrelevant--has been dubbed "Roverandom" which is stolen from a book title (by J. R. R. Tolkien. Read it.) Also, a small child who leaned out of a window and called to me to day has been named "little Red" because of his shirt. Cute little tyke!

Today I packaged up my books to send back to Northwestern College. Northwestern is a good college, but it felt very good to be shipping books back to them. I heard of a friend who took his out to the rifle range and shot them up. Afterward he took a red marker and drew drips of blood. Morbid, yes, but almost an inviting idea sometimes.

Sunday: Today I went to a friend's house and, together with several mutual friends, proceeded to dig a snow fort. Since there were so many of us, there ended up being a few useless cubby holes, but two of us actually coordinated efforts and the end result was that there was a tunnel through Snowy Ridge and a room on one end. Highlights of that evening included: I lost my mitten. Caleb did a back flip off the snow pile - it was a tense moment, he landed on his elbows. We had at least 5 or 7 intermittent snowball fights. I ended up being the first one through our tunnel when we finally broke through. I crawled through on my belly with my coat unzipped and it felt good!

What did you do today? (Or yesterday, or last week. You can see I wasn't very picky.)

4 comments:

  1. Let's see.
    Sat. I went to a ball. I must call you and gush about it. :)

    Today I splashed through puddles, dug a channel to send all that melted snow down the drain (Good bye, snow!) and started learning a dance on Pointe for the spring show!

    And I was gonna make a smoothie but we only had two ice cubes ... fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple solution:
    Call me.

    Keep splashing and dancing!

    Get some combitaions of hydrogen and oxygen to gether and then condense it into liquid, put it in an ice cube tray. Place the tray into a very cool place, such as a freezer. Be patient. Make a smoothie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! i got it h2o...yeah.
    I did not have that exciting of a week last weekend i got to go skiing but other than that I pretty much sat in school and wished i could be outside.
    dude read through that... only one person is named in that whole thing... <3 ...btw that did sound intense. I am so jealous of how much you got to be outside this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was intense! But then another friend stood up on the pile and prepped like he was gonna jump off too. I was nervous...until he jumped foward onto the heep. PHARCE! But a good one!

    "One person is named..." Liz! Not funny.

    ReplyDelete