Pages

Monday

Forget Me

Today I was bored. Key word is was. But I'll get back to that. This weekend has been full of friends and family and graduations and all that goes with them. We had a graduation in the family (not mine) so I have been busy cleaning and preparing for over a week. The actual weekend of graduation, I had several parties to attend, so I did plenty of hugging, hand-shaking, and punch-sampling. (That's sampling punch, but I needed it to fit my roll.) I won't relive the gory details (more for my sake than yours) because the basic point is that today, school is out, parties are over, guests are gone, and I had too much energy to stay in the house and watch the wind wreak havoc on our yard. I wanted to be a part of it. So me and Little Bro borrowed a theme from Megamind and my mother's baton and went dandelion hunting.

We used the "Forget-me Stick" to make dandelions our first victims of Sudden-and-Unexpected Amnesia Syndrome. It felt good to go out and goof off like a kid again. (Some of you are wondering if I ever stopped. Be quiet and don't blow my cover, ok? Ok.)

I had to run inside to get my camera...a camera....my sister's.
Rusty waited for me on the front porch!

Bro advances on the dandelions. You can't see the baton, he's twirling it around his wrist.

Bro's knee forgets him.

Bro forgets himself.

"Forget me, Dandelion!" Told you this would be juvenile.

Mid-swing on a dandelion! Ahhh. This was such fun.

Searching for new amnesia victims.


Bro finds a final victim. The fragment of cup on the right is mid-air! Mwahahahaha.

5 comments:

  1. It's a good thing you told me not to blow your cover. Cuz I would have.

    Sounds like an awesome day!! I've never actually seen Megamind, so I don't zactly know what you're talking about.
    But it looks immature. Therefore I like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see it. I love that the baton is called the "Forget-me stick"! What better name? Megamind is slightly socially challenged, he prounounced "School" as "Shool", "Hello" as "Arllo" and "Metro-city" as "Metrocity" (Meh-trah-sih-tee) It's good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it!!
    *Mutters to self* Arllo, arllo! I've gotter see dis, I does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of immature, animated movies, I've been re-informed that I need to see Monsters Inc. Would you agree with anonymous adviser?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog - it was really encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete