Pages

Friday

A very nearly Bad Day. But not quite.

There is a vast difference between getting up and waking up. This morning, as usual, I got up long before I woke up. I warn you, it's a vulnerable practice. Family members seem to have the innate ability to discern when you are up but not awake. 


School started and I went around doing nothing in particular and trying to get ready for choir. I had to prepare some errands, which somehow managed to distract me until 9:30.


Walking to choir did pick me up a little. Sitting down and singing "Ahhhhh" on various pitches and in various tones did not. I think I yawn more in choir than I do before bed.


Being tired set me up for moodiness. I ran my errands hurriedly. The wind gave my hair a distinctly different look from the carefully combed and waved one I'd prepared in front of my reflection. Altogether, I was eager to get home and finish my school so I could plan something pleasurable for my evening.


Mumsy called as I was leaving town and asked me to wait in town for her so we could switch vehicles. Through no fault of anybody's, it ended up being half-an-hour of non-school down time waiting to go home.


Mother brought with her another errand and sent me off with the glad tidings of a list she'd left for me on the kitchen counter. By now, I was attuned to even the littlest thing that would add to my gloominess.


The right blinker was out.


The sky was gray.


There was no gas in the tank.


I forgot my checkbook at home and had to use pocket change to put on gas. Luckily I had $2.55 on me...


Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to say "Pump no. eight," spill a handful of quarters, dimes and nickle on the counter? "I think that's right..."


Not cool.


My favorite song came on as I parked to run my final errand.


Do you begin to understand my discouragement? But God has amusing ways of reminding us what life is really about.


When I came back to the truck, my favorite song was still playing. The first phrase I heard was "Oh glorious day!"


I came home...lunch dishes greeted me.


But I only had a paragraph left on one of two papers.


I turned in both papers by 4.


I finished the dishes, which were easier than I expected.


There was hardly any laundry to hang out.


My loyal pooch came and sat by me while I clipped color to the clothesline.


I got to make two pans of brownies! It was actually on the list Mom left me.


I licked the beaters. Not just "licked the beaters" I did acrobatics with my tongue to get all the batter I could off of the outside and the inside. They hardly would have needed washing. I threw them in the dishwasher, just in case any of you were going to ask.


There were hardly any clothes to take off the line!


And I did it barefoot.


I'm not going to do any more school. Period.


I am going to play the piano.


I am going to eat a brownie.


I'm going to see if my bestie has emailed me.


I'm going to publish this blog post and wait for comments.


Cuz I want to hear about your glorious days.

!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I had one of those days yesterday!
    I was annoyed for no particular reason. And therefore every little thing seemed horrible.
    But it gotted better. Ish.

    Today, on the other hand, was a very good day.

    I ignored the things I had to do, and read a great book instead.

    I went for a bike ride in the chilly fall air.

    I went to the library.

    I saw a ballet friend in Scheels.

    I played soccer, which was awesome. But you don't want to hear about that.

    And a family friend came over.

    *Sigh*
    Good day. :)

    ReplyDelete