Pages

Thursday

Gratitude Challege: Day 2

I woke up  - something I do most days - and got out of bed. Uh. Not as wonderful as getting up should be. and

*I found rain on the window panes.

If you don't think rainy days are nice, I think you need to change the way you think. How is rain splattering on window panes not beautiful in it's own way? Clear droplets recreating the images you see everyday into caricatures of life to hilarious to be real?

Anywhoosle, I shuffled sleepily into the kitchen, where life was already buzzing around me in the form of my siblings.

*And I ate homemade bread with honey for breakfast.

The morning was already off to a good start. Then I began blowing my nose. Oof-da. (That is Minnesotan for just about anything.) You know how when you have a cold and blow your nose all day for about three days straight, how the skin gets red and dry and peels? Yep. Add a pale face, green eyes, and brown hair. I'm adorable, aren't I?

I lazed through my chores slower than usual. Being sick really works out, ya know. All the while, Wind was huffing and puffing and trying to make Autumn dance for her.

*I rejoiced that we'd taken my Senior pictures yesterday. (They were outdoors.) No wind and beautiful sunshine!

The day began to pass. They usually do, I've noticed.

*Every time I finished a school assignment, I rewarded myself by reading a few emails. (A dear friend had flooded my inbox. Happiness!)

*My wonderful sister made lunch (without telling us) and then called us all to eat. We sat down to spaghetti with specially prepared sauce, charming dinner glasses already filled, and a tray of garlic toast! Ly Sis!

*I studied leisurely and happily for another hour or two without interruptions.

*Mom left for the afternoon and told me to answer the phone in case somebody called for business. (Family owned, in-home business.) I don't like to answer the phone unless I know the person. He didn't call until she came home again!

*During one of my email splurges, I discovered this wonderful link. Please watch it!

*This evening, we went into town for my voice lesson. I got some time to do some shopping for my Senior piano recital, and I found a beautiful dress! Yay me! Aaaaand, it was half off at a thrift store! Woot! I think it would have been close to $100-200 originally, but it will only cost me $17.50 if I get it!

Then Mom and I went to do the cleaning job we have. Little brother came with us.

*He ran up to me and grabbed me for a hug, saying "I never got my morning hug today, Gianna!"

Don't I have a wonderful family?

1 comment:

  1. "Minnesotan for just about anything." Most likely the best line I've read all day. And I've read a lot today ... :)

    Thanks for the smiles, girly!

    ReplyDelete