Pages

Friday

Sunlit Musings

Today as I was looking through my files and folders for an assignment I needed to turn in, I found this lovely bit of writing. I wrote it some time last year I think. I thought it worthy of posting.

As I slipped outside, I felt as though I was leaving behind the bonds of slavery. It was a perfect day. The golden sunbeams were shining brightly, but they only awaited someone to iagine them into laughing, dancing, fairies of light. the air was crisp, to crisp, perhaps, for just a hoodie, but I cared not. The world seemed glad to see me, as though I were its sister. In fact, i felt as though it remained to me but to break the spell, and everything magic would come to life. Perhaps that is why I ran to the pasture to stoke and play with the horses before bringing myself back to the realm of duty, which was indeed my original errand.
It was not long before I heeded the call of my conscience and remembered my first purpose. As I filled the cart with wood, a breeze rustled impatiently throught the trees. It was a young wind, ready to blow my hair into my face and laugh about it, if I would only break the spell and let it. Even as I returned to my bondage of study, the sun seemed to shine gratefully as though I had given it a gift, and the wind blew gently as if to assure me that it knew me and loved me.

6 comments:

  1. "It was a young wind, ready to blow my hair into my face and laugh about it"
    I like that sentence. :)
    Have you found out who else voted yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have absolutely no idea. And now I'll procede to prove meself a liar by telling you who I think it might be. Karl. Liz. Aaron. (Most likely not.) Maybe One Eye Open ;). I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already told you it wasn't Liz. So ...
    Oh dear. *confused*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Word veri: Vuvowlog.
    Hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Verifying: not Aaron. Oh, and by the way, we're adding a blog to our website! Yay! So now I'll be published in two places. That one will likely have more pics etc. Perhaps not as much random creative writing. Bummer, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh! That's cool. :) Send me a linky dink?

    ReplyDelete