Pages

Thursday

Gratitude Challenge: Day 12

What a beautiful day. A bit cold, p'raps. But still good.

*I followed a rabbit home. He was a good Christian rabbit. Even under the heavy pressure of headlights and and a Saturn bearing down on his furry behind, he would not stray to the right or to the left. He swerved in both directions a couple of times, but his faith held fast and he always ended up running straight down the center of the road. Ridiculous bunny. I didn't hit him, for those of you who were wondering (or had young children reading over your shoulder.)

*I'm so grateful for older women in the church kitchen (my daily lunch accommodations) who ask "What are you having for lunch?" and are horrified to hear "Oh, just toast." I quote: "Oh! You can't have just toast! Here, would you like some of my corn chowder? It's nice and steamy hot. Toast isn't enough for a good lunch." Mmmm. Corn chowder is absolutely amazing, especially when you were expecting toast with jam and ramens.

*Texting friends who have senses of humor.

*A hilarious choir teacher. She's so adorable. :D

*Singing "La, Pensiero" in choir. It's a famous opera piece from Nebucco (Nebuchadnezzar) about the Israelites longing for their homeland. It's a beautiful song, and completely in a major key. So cantabile! (Singable)

*Flash mob discussions. Here's what was discussed: "We should do a senior flash mob instead of a senior prank!" "We should do a flash mob as a choir when we're in New York! Right in Times Square!!!" Etc. etc. I. Cannot. Wait.

*I finished my midterm. And I don't even know what I got on it! It had short answer questions though. Argh.

*Our choir sectional was slightly hilarious. Reese said she had exciting news for us, but she couldn't tell us what it was. We simply told her we wouldn't sing unless she told us. We won!

*Seeing the moon through my bedroom window.

*Driving a different way home.

*And singing with the radio the whole way.

*Teasing my dad.

*Getting tucked in by me daddy.

Good night.

1 comment:

  1. Love this. As always.

    A flash mob would be so. epic.
    Ridiculous! Hope it works out!!!!!

    I really don't know Reese, but I really like her anyways. :D

    And good for you, driving home a different way. Even the little things can be adventures!

    ReplyDelete