Pages

Monday

Gratitude Challenge: Day 13

I am noticing a trend. I make a noble resolution (such as 21 days of posting about gratitude) and then, on the weekends, I get busy with family night and friends night and Sunday night - typically another friends night - and I end up with four posts a week.

I can still do 21 posts, it'll just take longer. Oh well. I'll be thankful for more days that way. :D

*Listening to other people getting up and knowing I got to sleep in. Weeeeeell, I guess I shouldn't call it sleeping in exactly, I got up at 7:30. They just had to get up and be out of the house by 7.

*Playing Battleship with my favorite little brother. (It's ok. I only have one.)

*Winning my favorite little brother in Battleship!

*Sipping delicious, cold water out of my favorite mug.

*Seeing that my mother brought home a Dragon Fruit. There can hardly be a more thrilling name for a beautiful fruit with a uniquely spiked, peeling rind than Dragon Fruit. Doesn't it just sound like it should tast magical? (See next comment.)

*Eating Kiwi to get Dragon Fruit taste out of my mouth. Turns out Dragon Fruit doesn't tast as appealing as it sounds. We peeled off the rind and there was an imaginive - if not particularly tasty looking - white juicy fruit with seeds that looked like Kiwi seeds scattered evenly throughout. It tasted like a gross, slimy lot of nothing. I was glad to eat the Kiwi.

*Talking to my brother. He's not really living at home anymore, so I enjoy talking to him some evenings and hanging with him when he is home. *Sigh* Miss you Bro!

*Getting two chapters read, one assigment turned in, and realizing I have one less assignment than I thought! It was a good day of school.

*Talking about my senior recital with my piano teacher. I've got special plans!

*Actually being able to remember all 7824 notes of my 24 Major and minor arpeggios and 24 Major and harmonic minor scales. The average number of notes I played in a minute was 306...but when I was playing my fastest (sixteenth notes at 100 bpm) it was more like 400. Not to brag or anything.

*That soon, we'll have a roaring fire in the fireplace downstairs and I can sit there to blog! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Love this! And totally jealous that you ate dragon fruit. Sure, it might have been disgusting, but it sounds so awesome! I would love to try it, even though I [mostly] trust your opinion. :P

    Excited to hear your special recital plans, you fast note player, you!

    ReplyDelete