Pages

Tuesday

Sweet Surrender

I prayed today. I needed to. I am stuck in the throws of applying to colleges and it's beginning to rattle me a little. I don't know for sure where I want to go to school, how I'm going to pay for it, where I'm going to stay, what my major will be, or how I'm going to handle leaving home.

My biggest...for lack of a better word - issue...is all of it. In a nutshell, I am worried, because I want to love my major, I want as little debt as possible, I don't want to break my heart and leave all my friends, and I long to glorify God. This is what I prayed.

"God, thank you for my future. Thank you for the time I have now, and for the time I will have later. You have given me college life so that I may glorify you. God, you have given me a mind, finances, time, a life, so that I may glorify you. I thank you that you know my life, that you have a plan to use my life for your glory. God, let me give it all to you. It is only what you have given me first, but I want to give you my time, my money, my mind, and my life; let them serve your purpose.

Take all that I have and use it, Father."

It was such a relief to let go and let my Father remind me that he has it all under control. He has a plan for my life, all I need to do is trust him and follow his Spirit.

Can I get an amen?


4 comments:

  1. (In response to your question on my blog)
    Yes, it is very simple to get rid of the drop shadow border. Go to your dashboard > template > edit html. Then search for this piece of code in your template:

    .content-outer {
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, .15);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 5px rgba(0, 0, 0, .15);
    -goog-ms-box-shadow: 0 0 10px #333333;
    box-shadow: 0 0 40px rgba(0, 0, 0, .15);
    margin-bottom: 1px;
    }


    Replace it with this code:

    .content-outer {
    -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    -webkit-box-shadow: 0 0 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    -goog-ms-box-shadow: 0 0 0px #ffffff;
    box-shadow: 0 0 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    margin-bottom: 1px;
    }


    This should get rid of the drop shadow border. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask! :)

    Amen. Oh I can totally relate to what you're going through right now--eep! The most amazing thing is that slowly God is showing me what He wants for me. As I do what I know He desires me to do today, He reveals what His plan is for me tomorrow. (Jeremiah 29:11)

    Love in Christ,
    Emily Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous26.10.11

    Wow Gianna! What an example you are. I am blessed to know you. And needed the words! Thank you. Katie German

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN!!

    (and hey, kudos for using a picture!! ;)
    Looking forward to seeing you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen.

    One of my very favorite verses:
    Psalm 138:8
    "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me..."


    Just recently I've been thinking about trust as well. Trusting Him with my future. It's so cool that we've both been thinking about that! I recently read this:

    Psalm 26:3-4
    "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

    Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD, is the Rock eternal"

    ReplyDelete